Friday, December 11, 2009

20 year old head scar

Today, December 11th, is the twentieth anniversary of my brain surgery. I won't bore you with details of what was wrong with me, but it was life changing none the less.

I marked the tenth anniversary of this event by completely flipping out & finding religion, which I found to be of little use, so I put it back where I found it.

I'm better equipped for the twenty year mark. I like my job rather than hating the one I had. I have an admittedly messy house, rather than a rented third of a triplex. Most importantly I have Sarah, instead of nothing at all.

It could also just be that I'm more on the grown up side of the Playing Grown Up/Actually Grown Up Scale. Whatever it is, I don't need to make any radical life changing decisions based on an arbitrary life event that happened twenty years ago, no matter how monumental it was.

So, this time, rather than latch on to a religious doctrine that was holy incompatible with my life as it was (and is now), I got a hair cut and spent a little extra on a hair product I really like rather than buying the cheap shit. I'll probably feel a lot better about that decision when year 30 comes (although I will probably be missing my hair at that point).

5 comments:

camikaos said...

As far as I can tell you have Grandpa's hair which doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Much love brother... I like the hair product much more than your religious foray.

<3

Bubblewench said...

Hair product is much better then religion any day. And yeah, you have a lot of good things going for you. Glad to hear it's going so well.

NanaKaos said...

We were just talking about this the other day.
I'll never forget sitting in the waiting area with Cindy, waiting for the surgery to start, when a skill saw roars to life somewhere in the building. We all looked at each other and laughed. Cindy's comment was, "I always knew he was hard headed."

We laugh so we don't cry. You are my first "blessing".

DaddyKaos said...

It was a tough couple of months but you handled it about as well as a pubescent lad could, proud of you then and now.

By the time 30 rolls around it probably will not involve much more than a passing thought and yes, I agree with CK....just because my hair is now growing inward doesn't mean you will follow the same path.

mielikki said...

wow, 20 years.
Good move on the hair product...
many many more...