Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer Ends.

Summer ends at BLB the day after Labor Day, or to be more specific, at about 6 pm on Labor Day. The tourists are gone, everybody else has gone home to get ready for school, and we the BLB employees can relax, get some work done, and go out drinking when it's over.

Went to Roadside Attraction & then Basement Pub for post work beverages with Sadimac & a couple of friends. I think both bars will get repeat visits, although I wish I had found Roadside at the beginning of summer rather than the end. The elaborate warren that serves as this joint's patio would be a great warm weather hang out, but with winter coming on, it's not going to work so well.

Basement Pub is a great little place. It's been there for years, and I just never made it there as it's not in my neighborhood. But, since it's an easy place to get to from work, and on the way home it'll do nicely.

Vertigo on Hawthorne will remain my personal go to though. Sure, the Nickleback people descend on it every once in a while, but we just slide out on to the patio and wait them out.

No comments: