Saturday, September 12, 2009

**crunch**

So I'm sitting in my car fiddling with my bag when all of a sudden I hear a crunch, and get jarred over a foot. I whip my head around in time to see and feel a big white POS disentangling it's self from the side of my car.

OK, so I'm a little pissed. I get out of the car and inspect the damage while the other driver finishes parking (badly I might add), and find that the lower part of my rear passenger door is partially caved in and pretty scratched up.

I knew immediately that I wasn't going to file a claim. The $300 dollars or so I would get to fix the door (or buy a Wii, lets be realistic) would be quickly erased by the fact that my insurance would go up by $25 a month.

The other driver finished her inexpert parking and brought out her insurance papers and asked if I wanted to trade info. I said no, and told her that it would just fuck up my insurance,but If she wanted to give me something to help compensate for the damage that would be great. I let her know I wasn't very happy about the side of my car looking like shit, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

She then proceeded to put her info back in the car, gather up the other people in her car and leave. She did not apologize, did not say another word just walked away, glaring at me.

It's not liked I yelled, it's not like I called her any names. I swore a little, and showed that I was unhappy. She just slinked away like a fucking coward. If I wasn't in the car, I'm fairly sure she would have took off with out leaving a note.

Bunch of fucking savages in this town.

1 comment:

NanaKaos said...

Sorry honey, but you are correct about the Insurance company. When my car was totaled and it was a "no-fault" accident our rates still went up. Even if your car is in a parked, whoops, that was where you were. Our Ins. was raised when somebody dented the green truck in the Kaiser parking lot, we weren't even in the car. Of course the other guy didn't have ins. Same thing happened to Dad in Omaha. You only really need Ins. so you can get your car registered. It really costs more then it is worth. Same can be said for health ins. Sorry, different can of worms.